Ellie Krieger is a friend, fellow dietitian, cookbook author, TV cooking show host, and mom, and on today’s show, she takes us into her kitchen for easy family recipes, last-minute cooking ideas, picky eater pointers, and a glimpse behind the scenes at her career journey. If you’re looking for a new recipe to liven up your taste buds, tune in for Ellie’s Herbed Salmon Orzo Casserole with Feta, Spinach Salad with Roasted Squash, Roasted Grapes and Pumpkin Seeds, and her go-to dessert indulgence. (Hint: If you love dark chocolate, you and Ellie will have something in common.)
Click the PLAY button above to listen to the show.
Love the LHT podcast? Subscribe on iTunes and post a review.
Ellie is such a delight. On the show, she talked about her healthy eating philosophy, her new public television cooking show, Ellie’s Real Good Food, and together, we told the story of how we met years ago when I worked at CNN. I know you’re going to love this episode!
“A teaspoon of added natural sugar makes healthy food compellingly delicious.”
– Ellie Krieger
I’ll pick the winner at random on March 9th.
- Ellie’s latest book, You Have it Made, which gives specific instructions and practical tips on make-ahead meals, including freezing, storing, thawing, and reheating.
- Freezing no-no’s: certain potato dishes, creamy foods, and zucchini don’t freeze well.
- Ellie’s labor of love: her public TV show, Ellie’s Real Good Food (now in Season 2), which “hits the ‘sweet spot’ where delicious and healthy meet.”
- Spinach Salad with Roasted Butternut Squash, Roasted Grapes, Pumpkin Seeds, and Maple Syrup. A recipe bursting with flavor, color, and good nutrition.
- How a little natural sugar can take your recipe from good to delicious.
- Ellie’s Facebook Live: “Airs” every Wednesday at 4 pm Eastern.
- Advice for dealing with a picky eater, based on Ellie’s experiences with her daughter, now 15.
- Family favorites: Salmon with Orzo, Sole with Crispy Breadcrumbs and Roasted Vegetables, Taco Night, and Pasta Night
- Ellie’s quick dinner go-to favorites: fish, broccoli, and potatoes cooked on a sheet pan; pasta, shrimp, and spinach (Keep your freezer and pantry well-stocked!)
- Ellie’s next cookbook: Whole in One, with whole meals prepped in one pot, pan, or skillet.
- How we first met when Ellie joined me as an intern at CNN, where I worked for a show called, On the Menu.
- Herbed Salmon with Orzo: a skillet meal bursting with Greek flavors.
- Questions for Ellie from the Podcast Posse Facebook group.
- Ellie’s favorite cookbook? Vegetables, by James Peterson.
My email: [email protected]