This family pleasing recipe for Rainbow Veggie & Beef Fried Rice is easy, delicious, and nutrient-rich. It’s made simply with lean ground beef and boil-in-a-bag brown rice, plus it’s filled with colorful carrots, red bell pepper, snow peas, and green onions. It gets a flavor boost from sesame oil, garlic, fresh ginger, and soy sauce.
Depending on the number of people you have around your table and their appetites, this recipe should make 4 to 5 servings. If you’re lucky, you’ll have leftovers for lunch or dinner the next day. Cook once and dine twice: That’s my kind of recipe!
Serve with a salad on the side for even more vegetables.
Do you find yourself eating more family dinners these days? Are you constantly on the lookout for new recipes everyone in your family will happily eat? My Rainbow Veggie & Beef Fried Rice will definitely hit the spot.
If you want to add even more veggies to this recipe, toss in some corn kernels, frozen petite peas, and/or sliced water chestnuts.
- • 1 pound Ground Beef (95% lean)
- • 2 teaspoons sesame oil, divided
- • 1 small red bell pepper, cut into ½-inch dice (1 generous cup)
- • 1 cup trimmed and halved snow peas (about 2.5 ounces)
- • 1 medium carrot, peeled and shredded on the large holes of a box grater (about ½ cup)
- • 3 to 4 green onions, cut into thin rounds, white and green parts (about ½ cup)
- • 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- • 1 to 2 cloves garlic, minced
- • 2 cups cooked brown rice
- • 3 tablespoons less-sodium soy sauce
- • ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- • 1 to 2 tablespoons sesame seeds, optional
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add the Ground Beef and cook, stirring frequently and breaking up the large pieces into half-inch crumbles until fully cooked and no longer pink, 8 to 10 minutes. Sprinkle with kosher salt and black pepper. Remove from the skillet with a slotted spoon and set aside to a bowl; cover with aluminum foil and keep warm.
- Carefully wipe out the skillet with a paper towel. Add 1 teaspoon of the sesame oil and heat over medium heat. Add the bell pepper and cook, stirring frequently, until crisp tender, 4 minutes.
- Stir in the garlic and ginger and cook until fragrant and golden, 30 seconds to 1 minute. Stir in the remaining teaspoon sesame oil, the snow peas, green onions, and shredded carrot and stir-fry about 2 more minute. Stir in the cooked beef, brown rice, and soy sauce and cook until warmed through, 2 to 3 minutes. Sprinkle with sesame seeds as desired
- Cook's Tip: Cooking times are for fresh or thoroughly thawed Ground Beef. Ground Beef should be cooked to an internal temperature of 160ºF. Color is not a reliable indicator of Ground Beef doneness.
Let me know if you try the recipe and if you make any modifications.
For other delicious recipes, check out: