What is the secret to eating well, feeling great, and staying vibrant through midlife and beyond? Don’t we all want to know? On this week’s Liz’s Healthy Table podcast, my guest, cookbook author and all-around foodie, Amanda Haas, joins me for tips, tricks, and recipes aimed at living a vibrant life and boosting your health and vitality … starting today.
Amanda Haas is a bestselling cookbook author, cooking instructor, and mom to two teenage sons. (Oh, how I can relate to that!) And she’s the voice behind the website and blog, Amanda Haas Cooks. She’s a past test kitchen manager at Williams-Sonoma and the author of several cookbooks, including her latest, The Vibrant Life: Eat Well, Be Well. Amanda’s motto is: “I make food that tastes so good, you don’t even realize it’s good for you.” She’s a foodie after my own heart! On the show, we’ll talk about living a vibrant life and share inspiration for cooking up delicious meals for you and your family, including Amanda’s recipe for Fall Quinoa Salad and her Coconut Ginger Sea Bass in Parchment.
“Tarragon is a delicious herb that is underused and under appreciated. It’s one of my favorites.”
– Amanda Haas
We are giving away one copy of The Vibrant Life to one lucky U.S. winner. For a chance to enter to win, post a comment in the Comments section at the end of this post, and tell me about why you want to win the book or the recipe you turn to time and time again that gives you energy and vitality. I’ll pick the winner on April 21st. For extra entries, head to my Instagram page.
Amanda’s sea bass recipe. If you can’t find sea bass at the market, use cod, haddock, or salmon. And if you can’t find trumpet mushrooms, use shiitake or button.
- Amanda’s life in northern CA with two teenage boys, who are BIG eaters
- What family dinner looks like in Amanda’s house
- Amanda’s career journey from cooking school, writing cookbooks and being the culinary director at Williams-Sonoma, to her vibrant blog and platform that she runs today
- Amanda’s go-to Chimichurri sauce made with cilantro, parsley, basil, mint, olive oil, garlic, shallots, lime/lemon juice, and Dijon mustard
- Why Amanda’s book, The Vibrant Life, includes self-care practices for midlife and beyond, along with many other helpful topics to raise awareness about feeling great
- How going gluten-free alleviated chronic health issues and pain
- Amanda’s advice: “Educate yourself and realize that there’s not a one-size-fits-all approach.”
- Amanda’s Fall Quinoa Salad made with a lemon vinaigrette, arugula, roasted butternut squash, toasted pepitas, golden raisins, and tarragon
- How tarragon is often under appreciated
- Why herbs are a great way to get kids used to “eating green”
- Amanda’s Coconut Ginger Sea Bass in Parchment made with sesame oil, tamari, coconut milk, lime, ginger, garlic, honey, mushrooms, bok choy, green onion, and sesame seeds (You can substitute salmon, halibut, or other firm fish.)
- Amanda’s favorite dessert recipe for panna cotta made with coconut milk, matcha, berries, and sesame seeds
- What’s next for Amanda?
Visit Amanda’s website: www.amandahaascooks.com
The Vibrant Life on Amazon
Liz’s Podcast Posse on Facebook. Stop by and ask to JOIN!
Have a question about the show or a suggestion for a future show? Ask away by posting a comment below or joining my Podcast Posse
For other podcast episodes, check out: