If you board it, they will come. And if you put snacks, appetizers, and nibbles on a board, everyone at your table will eat and enjoy every bite! Whether you call them cheese boards, snack boards, grazing boards, appetizer boards, or charcuterie boards, my guest this week has the complete scoop on how to create irresistible boards for every eating occasion. Please join me in welcoming Maegan Brown, author of Beautiful Boards, to the show.
Maegan Brown is The Baker Mama and author of the stunning new cookbook, Beautiful Boards. In her book, she has themed boards for every occasion including a sensational Cobb Salad Board piled high with all the fixings and a make-your-own Pancake Board, complete with colorful berries, maple syrup, and bacon on the side! Tune in for my delightful conversation with Maegan. If you’re looking for a new way to serve food that’s fun, interesting, nutritious and easy, then this is the show for you.
“You don’t have to have a vast collection of boards to begin preparing board meals. Start small with what you have and grow your collection from there.”
– Maegan Brown
IT’S GIVEAWAY TIME!
Giveaway NEWS: We are giving away a copy of Beautiful Boards: 50 Amazing Snack Boards for Any Occasion and a stunning, hand-crafted walnut paddle board. The board was handcrafted by Maegan’s dad, and the book and board bundle are part of Maegan’s new business, Boards by the Baker Mama. (Retail value of this giveaway is $99.00.) One lucky U.S. winner will be selected at random. To enter for a chance to win, tell me about your favorite way to create snack and/or meal boards … or tell me why you’d love to win a copy of Beautiful Boards. GIVEAWAY ends December 18th, 2019 (just in time for the holidays)!
- Maegan’s story as the founder of The Baker Mama, a mom of four kids under the age of 8, and her life in Dallas, TX
- How Maegan’s blog began in 2012 with a focus on baking but branched out into family-friendly original recipes and entertaining
- Maegan’s food philosophy revolves around helping kids to have an appreciation for food and the work that goes into growing and preparing it
- How boards give everyone the freedom to pick and choose the foods they want to eat
- Why the 1970’s Lazy Susan was the precursor to today’s board meals
- A look inside Maegan’s book, filled with 50 creative snacks, appetizer, holiday, breakfast, dinner, and brunch ideas
- Why Maegan’s boards are produce-centric, loaded with fruits and vegetables
- How to start with a small collection of boards and grow your collection as you go
- Where to get boards: www.boardsbythebakermama.com, World Market, Crate & Barrel, Target, and Trader Joe’s
- Maegan has teamed up with her dad who produces hand-crafted boards
- How to clean a board properly with dish soap and warm water
- The secret to great boards is that there are no rules; be creative and learn as you go
- Why boards are approachable and interesting to everyone
- Maegan’s Cobb Salad Board includes: hard-boiled eggs, lettuce, pecans, roasted chicken, tomatoes, red onion, croutons, cheese, bacon bits, avocado, and dressing
- Maegan’s Candy Cane Caprese Board: mozzarella, tomatoes, basil, olive oil, and balsamic vinaigrette
- Some of Maegan’s other specialties include a Game Day Board, Rainbow Board, New Year’s Eve Board, Princess Board, Vegan Board, and Gluten-Free Board
- A behind-the-scenes look at the two weeks Maegan and team took to photograph the recipes in the book
- What’s next for Maegan? “We are enjoying the ride, and we’re working to grow the board business and take it to the next level.”
- A random question from the Mason jar about the one food that The Baker Mama just doesn’t like
My email: [email protected]
Follow Maegan at:
WANT TO BUY A BOOK AND A HAND-CRAFTED BOARD? CHECK OUT MAEGAN’S NEW BUSINESS, Boards by the Baker Mama: https://boardsbythebakermama.com/
Have a question about the show or a suggestion for a future show? Ask away by posting a comment below or joining my Podcast Posse
For other Liz’s Healthy Table Podcasts, check out: