Finding recipes that are easy to make, delicious, nourishing and a joy for your family and friends to eat is like hitting the jackpot … and that’s what you’ll get on the show today. Joining me is Maria Lichty from the Two Peas & Their Pod Cookbook and blog.
Maria Lichty is the voice and home cook behind the food blog and cookbook, Two Peas & Their Pod. Rounding out Maria’s pod are her husband and sous chef, Josh, and her two adorable boys, Caleb and Maxwell. Maria shares her journey from wedding day to top food blogger, her adventures in the kitchen as she feeds a household full of all those guys, and some favorite recipes from her blog and cookbook, including Asian-Glazed Sheet Pan Salmon and Broccoli, Artichoke and Spinach Dip, and many more. We end the show with some great cookie ideas for the holiday season.
“My criteria for a recipe getting into my cookbook is that you would make it over and over and love it enough to share it with others.”
– Maria Lichty
IT’S GIVEAWAY TIME!
Giveaway NEWS: We are giving away one copy of the Two Peas & Their Pod Cookbook: Favorite Everyday Recipes from Our Kitchen by Maria Lichty to one lucky US listener/reader. To enter, post a comment in the comments section at the end of this post, and tell me why you’d like to win this cookbook and/or the recipe you turn to again and again when feeding your family or entertaining your friends. I’ll pick one lucky winner at random on December 4, 2019.
- Getting to know Maria, her family, her blog, and her cookbook
- How Maria got into food blogging ten years ago after she and Josh self-catered their wedding!
- Maria’s love of cooking started at home while cooking with her dad
- How the food blogging community has grown and changed over the years
- Family dinners at Maria’s house are pretty calm because her boys get along … but when they have picky eating moments, she knows just how to deal with it
- Why it’s important to expose kids to a variety of new and different foods to reduce the risk of picky eating
- The most popular recipe on the Maria’s blog is her Dad’s Cinnamon Rolls
- How Maria defines her food focus and style
- The process from developing recipe ideas to putting them on the blog or in the cookbook
- How Maria shares tips and tricks for getting confident and comfortable in the kitchen
- Maria’s top pantry staples: canned beans, pasta, whole grains, oatmeal, oils and vinegar, nuts and nut butters, canned tomatoes, and broth
- Maria’s “Feeling Toasty” breakfast ideas: avocado toast; toast with peanut butter, honey, and banana; toast with almond butter and fresh peach slices; and hummus on toast with tomatoes, cucumbers, peppers, and feta cheese
- Maria’s recipe for Asian-Glazed Sheet Pan Salmon and Broccoli made with olive oil, soy sauce, hoisin sauce, fresh mint and cilantro, orange zest and juice, ginger, sesame oil, and red pepper flakes
- Maria’s Everyday Butter Lettuce Salad with a vinaigrette of olive oil, lemon juice, balsamic or champagne vinegar, honey, garlic, and salt and pepper
- Maria’s Four Cheese Spinach and Artichoke Dip made with cream cheese, Greek yogurt, frozen spinach, canned artichoke hearts, shredded fontina, mozzarella, parmesan, fresh basil, red pepper flakes, and salt and pepper
- Some of Maria’s kids’ favorites: Slow Cooker Spaghetti and Meatballs, Black Bean Quinoa Enchilada Bake, Pesto Havarti Mac and Cheese, Enchilada-Stuffed Sweet Potatoes, and Tomato Basil Soup with Cheesy Garlic Dunkers
- How Maria and Josh meal-plan with their boys on Sundays (using a meal chart) to help them take ownership of the process
- One of Maria’s favorite go-to cookbooks: Baking: From My Home to Yours
- Why Maria loves the cookie and dessert chapters in the book, and her husband’s favorite Key Lime Bars
- The next big adventure for Maria?
- A random question from the Mason jar about Maria’s favorite food city or town
My email: [email protected]
- The Parents On Demand Network
Follow Maria at:
Two Peas & Their Pod website
My recipe for better-for-you Lightened-Up Seven Layer Bars
Have a question about the show or a suggestion for a future show? Ask away by posting a comment below or joining my Podcast Posse