Are your small kitchen appliances and gadgets collecting dust? Wondering what to make in your new Air Fryer or Instant Pot? Are you thirsty for new ways to use your high-powered blender for nutrient-rich smoothies? If you answered, yes, yes, and yes, this is the show for you. My guest is dietitian, cookbook author, mom, and kitchen gadget guru extraordinaire, Dana Angelo White, MS, RD. Dana joins me to dish about kitchen gadget benefits, challenges and potential pitfalls, and new ways to use your Instant Pot, Air Fryer, and blender to get healthier meals onto your family’s table and into your kid’s tummies.
Dana is a culinary dietitian, media consultant, and she’s been the nutrition expert FoodNetwork.com for over a decade. She is also the sports dietitian and associate clinical professor at Quinnipiac University in Hamden, CT. She is the author of three cookbooks, and guess what … we’re away a copy of each: the Healthy Air Fryer Cookbook: 100 great recipes with fewer calories and less fat!; the Healthy Instant Pot Cookbook: 100 great recipes with fewer calories and less fat; Healthy, Quick & Easy Smoothies: 100 no-fuss recipes under 300 you can make with 5 ingredients.
Scroll down for instructions on how to enter for a chance to win the Healthy Air Fryer Cookbook.
Ask Dana’s three daughters to name their favorite recipe in the Healthy Air Fryer Cookbook, and this Arancini with Marinara would be their answer.
Scroll down for instructions on how to enter to win Dana’s smoothie cookbook.
Have you ever used dragon fruit in a recipe? Now’s your chance!
Scroll down for instructions on how to enter for a chance to win the Healthy Instant Pot Cookbook.
Here’s the recipe for Chicken Sausage Paella in the Instant Pot that Dana talked about on the show.
“The Instant Pot is amazing for meal prep, like making hard boiled eggs or chicken broth.”
-Dana Angelo White, MS, RD
MEGA GIVEAWAY NEWS!! * Giveaway Closed
Just in time for the holidays and New Year’s resolutions, we’ve got a mega cookbook giveaway for you. Dana and I are giving away one copy of each of her new cookbooks: Healthy Air Fryer Cookbook; Healthy Instant Pot Cookbook; and Healthy, Quick & Easy Smoothies. (U.S. only, please.) Post a comment at the end of this blog post and tell me which book you’d love to win and why. Oh, and if you have a favorite recipe that you make in your IP, Air Fryer, or blender, you can tell me about it as well. I’ll pick three winners (one winner per book) on December 28 at noon ET.
- What keeps Dana busy on the professional and personal sides of life.
- Dana’s three new cookbooks and why she’s following the kitchen gadget phenomenon.
- The need for more content in the kitchen gadget world for everyday, easy, delicious, and healthy meals.
- Using your blender: why Dana wrote a cookbook on nutritious smoothies with under 5 ingredients!
- The benefits of a blender
- Do I really need to most expensive model?
- Dana’s #1 tip: Put in the liquid first to prevent clogs and messes.
- Some surprising smoothie combinations. Dragon fruit anyone?
- Green smoothie ingredients that are kid-friendly.
- The “health halo” of smoothies and how to watch for excessive calories.
- Using your Instant Pot: What’s the magic?
- Fail-safe features.
- The pitfalls: dealing with high pressure and hot steam.
- Some of Dana’s favorite recipes including egg dishes, rice dishes, and risotto.
- Her all-time favorite: Paella, made with arborio rice, chicken sausage, chicken broth, onions, saffron, shrimp, cilantro, and frozen peas.
- Using your Air Fryer and why it’s gaining in popularity:
- The benefits: it does everything the Instant Pot doesn’t do; it’s like a high-powered convection oven.
- Dana’s favorites: Brussel sprouts, fried chicken, rice balls, and strawberry shortcake recipes.
- The pitfalls: it can get smoky because of the high heat.
- Dana’s favorite brands: Philips and BLACK+DECKER
- What’s next Dana in the gadget world? Maybe the Instant Pot blender or a toaster oven reboot?
My email: [email protected]
- The Parents On Demand Network
Dana on Facebook
Dana on Instagram
Dana on Twitter
Dana on Pinterest
Have a question about the show or a suggestion for a future show? Ask away by posting a comment below or joining my Podcast Posse.