If recipes like Creamy Avocado Sauce Chicken Tacos, Apricot Maple Pork Tenderloin Tacos with Pickled Pineapple, and Mexican Grilled Corn Tacos sound good to you, today’s show is sure to hit the spot.
My guest is chef and registered dietitian, Sara Haas, RDN, and she joins me with tips and recipes for making fast, healthy, and delicious tacos for you and your family. We’ve got a taco for everyone. And if you’re like me and LOVE S’mores, wait till you hear about Sara’s recipe for S’mores Tacos.
“Don’t buy the taco kits. Make your own taco seasoning on your own.”
– Sara Haas, RDN
Enter for a chance to win a copy of Taco!Taco! Taco! Over 100 Recipes for Everybody. (This giveaway is U.S. only, please.) To enter, post a comment at the end of this post and tell me about YOUR favorite taco recipe and/or why you would love to win this book. Giveaway ends September 5th, 2018 at noon EST. Good luck!
Mexican Grilled Corn Tacos. Find the recipe on the LHT blog.
- What is a taco?
- Does a taco have to be in a traditional taco shell?
- Corn tortillas, flour tortillas, soft and crunchy tortillas. There are so many varieties!
- Sara shares a whole wheat tortilla recipe from her new book, Taco!, Taco!, Taco!
- Should you use store-bought taco seasoning or make your own?
- Sara shares an easy taco seasoning recipe.
- Tips for preparing and cooking fish for tacos.
- Healthy tacos can also be very flavorful and delicious!
- Combinations of cuisines are included in Sarah’s taco recipes. Mexican. Asian, you name it!
- Liz describes Sara’s Mexican Grilled Corn Tacos from page 148 of Sara’s book. It’s on the blog.
- Flat-bottomed tacos make filling shells easy.
- Sara shares how to make S’mores tacos and gives tips for making the shells.
- Allow your kids to “build” food and experiment in the kitchen.
- Sara shares all about Kids in the Kitchen
- Follow the #kidsinthekitchen on social media to see what people are posting.
- Sara shares an awesome, yogurt-based taco sauce recipe.
My email: [email protected]
Find Sara Haas, RDN on the Web:
Have a question about the show or a suggestion for a future show? Ask away by posting a comment below or joining my Podcast Posse.