What’s the secret to being both happy and healthy? One of the country’s top dietitians, Joy Bauer, weighs in with her nourishing and joyful approach (pun intended) to living your best life. Joy is best known for her work as health and nutrition expert for the TODAY show and her new hit NBC show, Health + Happiness. Joy is the founder of Nourish Snacks, and she’s the author of 12 New York Times best-selling books. She’s a mom of three and loves to cook for her family.
Today, Joy shares healthy eating tips, culinary inspirations, and her favorite recipes including a meatball and spaghetti “makeover” made with zucchini noodles and lean ground turkey.
“Focus on what you should be eating, verses what you shouldn’t.” – Joy Bauer, MS, RDN
And she joins us for two great giveaways …
Giveaway: Want to win a copy of Joy’s latest cookbook, From Junk Food to Joy Food or a Nourish Snacks gift pack? To enter, leave a comment at the end of this post and tell me about your favorite recipe makeover and/or why you’d like to win either of these prizes. I’ll pick TWO winners at random on June 30th. One person wins From Junk Food to Joy Food and one person wins the Nourish Snacks gift pack. Good luck! (U.S. only, please.)
- Joy’s career journey revealed.
- Behind the scenes at the TODAY show and what it’s like to produce a health and nutrition segment.
- Joy shares her favorite viewer diet success stories.
- We dish about Joy’s Zucchini Linguini with Turkey Meatballs.
- Simple swaps you can make to add healthy flavors to your meals.
- How Joy lightens up your favorite meals. You won’t believe her “makeover” for hollandaise sauce!
- Joy’s favorite things about being present and available to her fans on social media.
- The lowdown on Joy’s forthcoming book.
- Joy’s favorite cookbooks.
- The benefits of eating together as a family and Joy’s secrets for gathering her three kids around the dinner table.
My email: [email protected]
Have a question about the show or a suggestion for a future show? Ask away by posting a comment below or joining my Podcast Posse.