Welcome to Season 2 of the podcast. To kick things off, I’ve invited Amy Roskelley and Natalie Monson, RD onto the show to talk about fast family dinners. You asked for ’em, and we’ve got ’em! Amy and Natalie are the dynamic duo behind Super Healthy Kids, a website packed with nourishing family recipes, resources for gathering your family around the table, meal planning tools and resources, and so much more. If you’re hungry for easy-does-it recipes that everyone at your table will love, this is the show for you. Consider this episode your guide to colorful, creative, and nourishing meals that you can get on the table quickly. We have recipes to share, stories to tell, and tips for enticing your kids to try new foods. And read on for a chance to enter my latest giveaway!
With me today are Amy Roskelley and Natalie Monson. Amy and Natalie are the business partners (and neighbors) behind Super Healthy Kids. Super Healthy Kids has been a longtime friend of the podcast, and they specialize in nutritious meals that can be made in a flash. Natalie and Amy are on a mission to bring healthy eating to your table and the rest of the world. Today, we discuss how feeding kids nutritious foods is challenging but rewarding and the Super Healthy Kids philosophy that you succeed when you serve your kids healthy food … even if they don’t eat it.
“We are trying to get our kids to taste and experience as many kinds of food as possible.” – Amy & Natalie
Breakfast Egg Cups – The most popular recipe on superhealthykids.com
It’s GIVEAWAY time!
GIVEAWAY: One lucky winner (U.S. only, please) can enter to win a MyPlate Divided Kids Plate with Dairy Bowl and Parent Lesson Plan, an invaluable tool for encouraging your kids to eat their fruits, veggies, lean protein, and whole grains. To enter, leave a comment at the end of this post and tell me about your favorite (healthy) family dinner recipe and/or your best strategy for introducing variety to family mealtime. I’ll pick the winner at random on May 16th.
Check out the new Super Healthy Kids app. It’s called, Prepear, and we talk all about it on the show.
- How Super Healthy Kids is bringing healthy food to your table.
- Amy and Natalie share their feelings on picky eating and lots of unique solutions.
- Find out how I first met Amy (it was a LONG time ago) and hear a funny story about Facebook LIVE.
- Favorite recipes when you walk in the door at 5pm and have no idea what to make for dinner.
- Recipes Natalie loves to make on the fly. Hint: Go with theme nights! Kids love consistency.
- Kids mimic each other and their parents, so be a good role model.
- Seasonality is a great way to add variety to your tried-and-true recipes.
- Discover the most popular recipe this year on the Super Healthy Kids blog.
- Let’s play Chopped! Hear what Amy would make for dinner if her “mystery” ingredient was a can of peas. And find out what Natalie would cook up with frozen shrimp. Oh, and hear what I’d do with a sweet potato at dinner.
- Listen to Amy and Natalie’s interview with Jill Castle, MS, RDN on The Nourished Child.
- Meal planning and meal prepping are huge trends. How can you make planning and prepping easy?
- Techniques for menu planning with the new SHK app, Prepear and learn about meal plans made uniquely for you.
- How Mason jars are a huge meal prepping lifesaver.
- Amy and Natalie share their favorite cookbooks.
My email: [email protected]
Connect with Super Healthy Kids:
Other Links discussed on the show:
Have a question about the show or a suggestion for a future show? Ask away by posting a comment below or joining my Podcast Posse.