One of the biggest trends right now in the food world is meal prep. If you’re new to meal prep, the basic idea is that you shop, prepare (usually on one designated day), and then pack multiple meals that are easy to assemble throughout the week. Meal prep saves time, money, and a bit of your sanity! From lunch and dinner to breakfast and snacks, meal prep is perfect for busy people who crave homemade meals with convenience, good nutrition, and great flavor.
Click the PLAY button above to listen to the show.
Love the LHT podcast? Subscribe on iTunes and post a review.
I’m not a meal prep guru, so I turned to Toby Amidor, RD this week to get us started. Toby is the author of The Healthy Meal Prep Cookbook: Easy and Wholesome Meals to Cook, Prep, Grab, and Go. I’m giving away a copy, so scroll down for instructions on how to enter!
Drawing inspiration from her grandmother, Toby’s cookbook is infused with step-by-step guide for grocery shopping, cooking multiple meals all on the same day, and storage dos and don’ts. Together, we share our favorite cook-ahead recipes including Tuna Nicoise Salad and tips for using up leftovers in crepes, tacos, soups, and salads.
“Always start your meal prep with the slow cooker.”
– Toby Amidor
Giveaway: The Healthy Meal Prep Cookbook
Are you a meal prepping guru or a meal prep wannabe? Toby is giving away a copy of her cookbook to one lucky winner. (U.S. only, please.) To enter to win, post a comment at the bottom of this page, and tell me why you’d like to win a copy of Toby’s cookbook and/or your best meal prepping strategy.
I’ll pick a winner at random on February 7th at noon ET.
- Toby defines meal prepping for us.
- Learn about the benefits of meal prepping.
- Hear all about the ways your kids can get involved in the meal prep process.
- Toby shares how her grandmother inspired her to write the cookbook.
- Meal prep can help you organize more than dinner. Hear about best recipes to make ahead.
- Re-use what you make ahead for multiple meals.
- Make a shopping list in the same order you shop at the grocery store.
- The connection between meal prep and healthy eating.
- Make sure you have well-balanced recipes chosen before prep day.
- Learn a revolutionary new way to hard boil eggs. The secret is in the steam.
- Toby’s kids love so many recipes in her books!
- Toby’s recipe for Tuna Nicoise Salad.
- Meal prepping is a life-changer.
My email: [email protected]
Have a question about the show or a suggestion for a future show? Ask away by posting a comment below or joining my Podcast Posse.