Today’s show is all about tips and tricks for making family mealtime easy with freezer cooking. That’s right! Your humble freezer is full of untapped potential. Freezing meals saves time and money, and it can easily expand your cooking skills as well as your family’s appreciation for new foods and flavors. Are you ready for a freezer feast? How about a freezer party? This week’s guest, Rachel Tiemeyer, takes us on a deep dive into our frosty freezers.
Love the show? Post a review on iTunes.
Rachel Tiemeyer is the co-author of From Freezer to Table, and you can find her over at Thriving Home Blog. Rachel’s partner in freezer cooking fun is Polly Conner. Their goal: gathering families together over healthy, hassle-free meals. With six young children between them, that goal used to seem impossible. But when they discovered the power of freezer cooking, getting dinner on the table night after night became as easy as defrosting a lasagna!
This week, Rachel and I dish about the do’s and don’ts of freezer cooking, how to start a freezer club, and how to throw a freezer cooking party. We answer questions from listeners and share a few recipes from the cookbook including flavor-filled Cheddar Chive Burgers and Sheet-Pan Lemon Garlic Chicken and Veggies.
“The beauty of freezer cooking is that we double most of the meals that we make by eating half of it right away and freezing the other half.”
– Rachel Tiemeyer
GIVEAWAY OVER: Thanks to Rachel and Polly, I’m giving away a copy of, From Freezer to Table: 75+ Simple, Whole Foods Recipes for Gathering, Cooking, and Sharing.
To enter the giveaway (U.S. and Canada only, please), post a comment below telling me about your favorite freezer meal and/or why you’d like to win a copy of the cookbook. I’ll pick one winner at random on October 4th.
- Rachel and Polly are co-bloggers, co-authors, and Freezer Cooking Evangelists.
- Thriving Home Blog is their healthy freezer cooking destination.
- Rachel discusses the benefits of utilizing your freezer.
- What in the world is a Freezer Club?
- Storage matters! Learn how to keep your food fresh in the freezer and why air is your enemy.
- A recipe for Cheddar Chive Burgers.
- Did you know Mason jars are ideal for freezing meals?
- Discover the three BEST ways to thaw your delicious freezer meals so they’re safe to eat.
- Rachel answers questions straight from the Podcast Posse!
- How long can food last in the freezer? Tune in to find out.
- Get ready to host your own Freezer Cooking Party.
- Rachel and I discuss our favorite freezer-ready recipes.
- Hear what’s next for Rachel and Polly and their cookbook adventures.
My email: [email protected]
Recipes from the show:
Connect with Rachel: ThrivingHomeBlog.com
Have a question about the show or a suggestion for a future show? Ask away by posting a comment below or joining my Podcast Posse.