This three-ingredient Berry, Banana, Peanut Butter Soft Serve dessert has no added sugar or cream, but it’s still incredibly rich and creamy. Made with a mix of frozen berries and bananas, creamy peanut butter, and 100% orange juice, you can feel good about serving this healthy frozen dessert to your family.
It’s so easy that your kids can definitely help you make … or make it on their own.
On this week’s Liz’s Healthy Table podcast, I invited dietitian, Sherry Coleman Collins onto the show to dish about peanut allergy prevention, peanut nutrition, and her favorite recipes using peanuts. I created this healthy frozen dessert recipe just for the show, and together, we also cooked up a PEANUT LOVERS giveaway that you will definitely want to enter. (U.S. only, please. Scroll down for details!)
Click the play button to tune in to the show.
- Serves: 1 to 2
- Serving size: ½ to 1 cup
- Calories: 148
- Fat: 6g
- Saturated fat: 1g
- Carbohydrates: 21g
- Sodium: 60mg
- Fiber: 3g
- Protein: 3.5g
- 1 cup frozen mix of blueberries, strawberries, and bananas
- 2 tablespoons 100% orange juice
- 1 tablespoon creamy peanut butter
- Place the frozen fruit, orange juice, and peanut butter in a mini food processor or blender. Pulse until the fruit is pureed and the consistency is smooth and creamy.
- Scoop into bowls and serve.
If you don’t have a mixed bag of fruit, just use frozen berries of any kind and a few slices of banana. It’s a pretty flexible recipe!
Sherry and the National Peanut Board are giving away a PEANUT LOVERS gift box filled with the following items:
- Peanut Envy T-shirt
- Tru-nut Powdered Peanut Butter
- PB Crave Flavored Peanut Butter
- Snack Peanuts
- The GFB Gluten Free Bar
- Short Stacks Peanuts cookbook by Steven Satterfield
- National Peanut Board (NPB) Tote Bag
- NPB Journal, sticky note pad and Pen
- Peanut Stress Reliever
- FAQ brochures about early introduction of peanut foods for infants
To enter, leave a comment here on the blog and tell me why you’d like to win the giveaway (U.S. only, please) and/or your favorite recipe using peanuts. Giveaway ends on August 4th at noon, ET. Good luck!
In the meantime, be sure to head over to my Podcast page to listen to this episode and more.