I’m your host, Liz Weiss. I’m a registered dietitian, cookbook author, food blogger and the mom of two grown boys who have eaten me out of house and home for the past two decades. I used to co-host a show called Cooking With Moms and also an online platform called Meal Makeover Moms, and I did that from 2008 to 2016 with Janice Bissex. The time, however, came to move on and so came the birth of Liz’s Healthy Table.
On today’s show, I tell you about my journey in the world of nutrition and as a mom and a foodie. I also talk about what you can expect to hear on the show moving forward … and how I’ll address the topics you shared in my recent reader survey. My guest for today is my husband, Tim, who is a Pescetarian. Listen in to find out what Tim has to say and also what’s in store for you on the new show.
- About my closed Facebook Group, Podcast Posse – how you can join it and what you can expect to find there. CLICK HERE to join my Posse where your input on current and future shows will shape the topics WE discuss and explore.
- Some upcoming guests and topics for future shows.
- What it’s like for my husband Tim to be married to a registered dietitian.
- Why Tim calls me a ‘food bully’ when they go out to dinner!
- What it was like for Tim at the dinner table when our boys, Josh and Simon, were still toddlers.
- Tim’s favorite meal that I cook for the family.
- What Tim used to eat when he was a bachelor.
- About how I love to camp out and cook over an open fire.
- The cool things you can do when you visit the Liz’s Healthy Table website.
- How growing up was a big, fun, food adventure, with a mom who was a Home Ec teacher and a really great cook.
- That when kids learn how to cook, they are more likely to embrace eating a variety of healthy foods.
- All about my college and grad school education.
- The nutrition work that I did at CNN.
- The Healthy Lunch Task Force I started when my boys were in elementary school to advocate for radical and healthy changes in the school district’s cafeterias.
My website: www.lizshealthytable.com
My email: [email protected]
Books by Yotam Ottolenghi – Plenty and Jerusalem
Tim – “We really do get healthy food on the table every day of the week.”
Tim – “From a food perspective, meal times were always easy and fun.”
Tim – “It’s always a treat, especially on a winter day, to have fresh, roasted vegetables coming out of the oven.”
My food philosophy: “If a food doesn’t taste great, look great, smell great, I don’t care how nutritious it is, if nobody eats it, it’s not nutritious-right, so we want to make sure that those recipes really excite and inspire kids to eat a healthy diet.”
Have a question about the show or a suggestion for a future show? Ask away!