Energize your family’s day with this Gorgeous Green Smoothie Bowl. Made with kiwi, baby spinach (or kale), frozen banana, and other good-for-you-ingredients, you can serve this for breakfast or as an after-school snack.
I tend to get obsessed with food trends, and when smoothie bowls started popping up on Instagram, I started blending and decorating and devouring. My boys laugh at me when I go through my “little phases,” but clearly, they are the ones who reap the benefits. I became so fixated with smoothie bowls a while back that I even created a coloring cookbook dedicated to their versatility, good nutrition, and fun. Visit my Books & Freebies page to learn more about my Color, Cook, Eat! coloring e-book series.
Subscribe to my YouTube channel for more fast-paced cooking videos.
If you think your kids won’t eat green food, try this gorgeous green bowl.
Get your kids excited about this recipe by having them add the ingredients to a blender. Or set out an assortment of toppings — coconut chips, raspberries, chia seeds, kiwi slices, and banana slices — and have the kids decorate their green smoothie bowls with whatever whets their appetite.
- Serves: 2 to 3
- Serving size: ¾ cup
- Calories: 190
- Fat: 1.5g
- Saturated fat: 0.5g
- Carbohydrates: 42g
- Sodium: 30mg
- Fiber: 4g
- Protein: 5g
- 1 cup frozen mango chunks
- 1 kiwi, peeled and sliced
- 1 cup loosely packed baby spinach or baby kale (or a mix of both)
- 1 sliced and frozen banana
- ½ cup 100% orange juice
- ½ cup low-fat vanilla Greek yogurt
- 2 teaspoon chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon agave nectar
- Optional Toppings: Raspberries, coconut chips, kiwi slices, chia seeds
- Place the mango, kiwi, spinach, banana, juice, yogurt, chia seeds, and agave in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour into individual bowls and garnish with your choice of optional toppings.
Have you jumped on the smoothie bowl bandwagon yet?