As kids across the country head back to school, parents are scrambling to get back into a healthy mealtime and snack routine. To make that daunting task a tad bit easier, try this easy and nutritious Peanut Butter Yogurt Banana Dip.
Got picky eaters? No worries: They’ll love it.
Look at all those fun, kid-friendly dippers!
Whole Grain Pretzels
Say it ain’t so! Summer is coming to an end, and it’s back-to-school time … already!
If your kids are anything like mine, they’re famished when they get home from school. Be at the ready with a nutrient-rich snack like this one. And remember, on average, kids consume about 25% of their daily calories from snacks, so make those between-meal nibbles as nutritious as you can 🙂
Don’t let after-school sports get in the way of good nutrition. Whip up my dip, pack it up with your child’s favorite dippers, and then hit the road running …
- Serves: 4
- Serving size: ¼ cup
- Calories: 120
- Fat: 7g
- Saturated fat: 1.5g
- Carbohydrates: 12g
- Sodium: 85mg
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 5g
- ½ ripe banana
- ¾ cup vanilla low-fat yogurt
- 3 tablespoons peanut butter
- ⅛ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Peel the banana, place on a cutting board, and mash with the back of a fork until smooth. Place in a medium-size bowl with the yogurt, peanut butter, and cinnamon and stir until well combined.
- Transfer to a small bowl and serve with sliced fruit, celery, Graham crackers, and whole grain pretzels.
I first created this recipe for the summer issue of the Live Well Digest, a WIC publication created by Brush Arts. I hope you like it; please weigh in with your family’s favorite snacks.