These adorable Peanut Butter Smiley Faces entice kids to eat a variety of super-healthy foods: whole grain English muffins, peanut butter, and naturally sweet fresh fruits.
I’m all about having fun at snack and mealtime, and I know that when kids get to play with their food, they’re more likely to gobble it up. You don’t have to be a food stylist or an arts and crafty mom to make these Smiley Face English Muffins with your family. But a sense of humor certainly comes in handy.
No formal recipe is required!
- Whole wheat English muffins
- Peanut butter or another nut butter
- Banana, peeled and thinly sliced
- Strawberries, trimmed and cut in half
- Grapes, each cut into 4 thin slices
- Oranges, peeled and sectioned
- Slice muffins in half and toast.
- While still warm, spread peanut butter on each toasted muffin half.
- Top with fruit pieces to create smiley faces. Use banana slices, grape slices, or raisins for the eyes, half a strawberry for the nose, and one section of orange for the mouth.
- Use remaining fruit to make more faces, or serve on the side as a fruit salad.
What’s your favorite food art that you like to make with your kids?