Making these homemade Tropical Island Ice Pops is easy. Just blend together coconut milk, Greek yogurt, frozen mango, and banana, place in popsicle molds and freeze, and your low-sugar frozen treat is ready!
Have you jumped on the Greek yogurt bandwagon yet? I have in a big way and apparently it’s a trend that keeps on growing. Greek yogurt is thick, rich, and tangy, and today, it represents over 30% of the U.S. yogurt market compared to just 3% five short years ago. In her new cookbook, The Greek Yogurt Kitchen, Toby Amidor, MS, RD explains why this naturally creamy ingredient can easily make its way into everything from salads and soups to main dishes and desserts.
I spotted this recipe in the Desserts chapter alongside other better-for-you desserts like Double Chocolate Chip Cookies, Vanilla-Lover Cupcakes, and Peaches and Cream. All call for Greek yogurt 🙂
The book is filled with 130 recipes for every meal of the day as well as tips like Toby’s Greek Yogurt Substitution Chart, her Ten Surprising Uses for Greek yogurt (Hollandaise Sauce anyone?), and a recipe for making your own Greek yogurt from scratch.
- Serves: 12
- Serving size: 1 popsicle
- Calories: 52
- Fat: 2g
- Saturated fat: 2g
- Carbohydrates: 8g
- Sodium: 10mg
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 1g
- 1½ cups vanilla coconut milk
- 1½ cups fresh or frozen mango chunks
- ½ cup nonfat vanilla Greek yogurt
- ½ cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 large ripe banana
- Place the coconut milk, mango, yogurt, shredded coconut, and banana in a blender or food processor and blend until completely combined and smooth, about 1 minute.
- Pour into 12 standard ice pop molds, using a ¼-cup scoop, and insert a popsicle stick into each one. Freeze until set, at least 4 hours.