Homemade strawberry pudding gets a healthy makeover with low-fat milk, frozen strawberries, and Greek yogurt.
After a weekend of shoveling and digging out from under 27 inches of snow (thank you Nemo), my kids were more than happy to dig into our latest recipe for Super Strawberry Pudding.
- Serves: 6
- Serving size: ½ cup
- Calories: 90
- Carbohydrates: 19g
- Sodium: 75mg
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 3g
- 1 cup 1% low-fat milk
- 8 ounces frozen strawberries, thawed (about 1½ cups)
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup 0%-fat strawberry Greek yogurt
- Chocolate shavings, optional
- Sliced strawberries, optional
- Place the milk and strawberries in a blender, and blend until completely pureed. Set aside.
- Place the sugar, cornstarch, and salt in a medium-size saucepan and whisk until combined. Gradually whisk in the milk/strawberry mixture. Add the vanilla extract.
- Place over medium-high heat and bring to a simmer, stirring constantly. Reduce the heat and continue to simmer, stirring gently, until the mixture thickens slightly, about 2 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the yogurt. Continue stirring gently to break up any bubbles that may have appeared on the top. Spoon the mixture into 6 individual bowls and chill in the refrigerator for about 2 hours. Garnish with shaved chocolate and berries as desired.
My Instagram obsession continues. I used it to give this photo an old-fashioned flare. If you’re on Instagram, click here to follow Liz.
Let is snow, let it snow, let it snow. After Nemo, it was a winter wonderland. The photo on the left shows what the roads looked like before the plows came through. Snowshoes anyone?